Leading Manufacturer of Meat Processing Products for over a Century
100 years of experience
We have Set the Standard for Manufacturing Meat Cutting Solutions Since 1924
With a comprehensive line of products, including meat grinder/mincer knives and plates, bone collector systems, blade inserts, deboning machine components, skinner tooth rollers/blades, and emulsifier replacement parts, Speco consistently delivers on its mission to help customers achieve increased efficiency and profitability.
12,000+ Products Manufactured
120+ Partners Worldwide
Built in the USA
The Management Team
Since 1924, Speco has been at the forefront of the meat processing industry, providing cutting-edge solutions to meet the needs of its customers. With a comprehensive line of products, including:
Meat grinder/mincer knives and plates
Bone collector systems
Deboning machine components
Skinner tooth rollers and blades
Emulsifier replacement parts
Speco has been family owned and operated for over 100 years. Fourth generation family members are now running the business with plans to grow the business for the next 100 years. All of our manufacturing is done on-site in the USA with the latest manufacturing equipment.
Leading Manufacturer of Meat Grinder Plates and Knives for a Century
100 Years of Manufacturing Excellence!
- Carl W. Dieckmann founded Specialty Manufactured Sales Company out of his home in Chicago.
- Patented Removeable Insert Blade
- Patented Reversible Grinder Plate
Charles W. Hess, grandson of Carl Dieckmann joins the business.
Purchased first equipment to begin manufacturing.
Patented Triumph Blade
- Specialty Manufactured Sales Company incorporates and becomes Speco Inc.
- First to introduce “Triumph” material for grinder plate longevity and wearability
- Moved to Schiller Park location to increase manufacturing capacity.
- Patented Automatic Drill Press
- Designs customer Numerical Controlled drill press
- Introduction of the Speco retainer bearing
- Third generation, Craig W. Hess, son of Charles Hess, joins the business.
- Patented Speco Double Cut System
- Patented Free-Floating Emulsifier Blade
- Patented First American Bone Collection System
Acquired additional building and expanded production capabilities.
Expanded product lines to include Mechanical Deboning and Toothroller equipment.
- Largest U.S. manufacturer of grinder plates and knives
- Expand product line by working with partner OEM’s to develop bone collection Reclaiming systems.
- Fourth generation, Jaclyn & Charlee Hess, join the business.
- Increased manufacturing capabilities
- Introduction of robotics in our daily production
- Partners in all 50 States and 60+ Countries Worldwide